- How to Choose the Best Essential Oil Brands
- Reviewing and Comparing the Top Rated Essential Oil Brands
- 1. Young Living™ Essential Oils
- 2. dōTERRA® Essential Oils
- 3. Edens Garden™ Essential Oils
- 4. Radha Beauty Essential Oils
- 5. Majestic Pure™ Essential Oils
- 6. Now Foods (NOW®) Essential Oils
- 7. ArtNaturals Essential Oils
- 8. Healing Solutions Essential Oils
- 9. Native American Nutritionals Essential Oils
- 10. Rocky Mountain Oils
- 11. Plant Therapy® Essential Oils
- 12. Aura Cacia® Essential Oils
- 13. Prime Natural Essential Oils
- 14. Mountain Rose Herbs® Essential Oils
- 15. Fabulous Frannie Essential Oils
- 16. Plant Guru™ Essential Oils
- 17. Kis Oils
- 18. ArOmis Essential Oils Basic 6 Kit
- 19. Butterfly Express Essential Oils
- 20. PLANTLIFE™ Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Storage Tips
162 1 110
Latest Giveaway: Join our St. Patrick’s Day Giveaway (60 winners, total prizes: $900)
New diffuser will be launched on March 7: Zoé—Revolutionary Mood Enhancer from The Pilgrim® Collection.
Latest brand review: Ovvio Oils™—Reviews
Are you confused about what best essential oil brands to buy? We know it can be a frustrating and overwhelming experience with researching one site after another.
You read blog posts and articles discussing essential oils and their purity. Many suppliers and companies claim they sell 100% pure and the natural plant’s therapeutic-grade essential oils. There are for all intent and purposes, no set standards for essential oils.
The “pure” aromatic essential oils have no contamination or byproducts. Additives and chemicals are harmful to skin and reduce the effectiveness and purpose of the essential oil. You might find where the plant was grown or type of water used in the distilling process. Was it made with “pure Rocky Mountain spring water?” It can be a daunting experience choosing the best essential oil brand. Use the following checklist for you home needs as an informed buyer.
How to Choose the Best Essential Oil Brands
You prefer to buy unadulterated essential oils. We prefer you buy unadulterated essential oils! These allow you and your family to feel good when using essential oils. It is more like buying organic foods rather than pesticide and hormone laden foods.
There are more people suffering from allergies, psoriasis, eczema, and other medical conditions than there were 40 years ago. This is attributable to the chemicals used in society today. Too many altered GMO foods, too many antibiotics and hormones used in animals, too many synthetics, too many prescriptions—especially antibiotics that are not necessary, and too many showers that wash off the bacteria on the skin to protect us from getting things! Cookware is made of synthetics, cosmetics, hair and skin care products are loaded with chemicals, not to mention, the filthy outdoor air we breathe.
Pure essential oil users are soulfully inspired to use holistic perfect and unchanged herbs, tea, and essential oils—direct from the source, Mother Nature. This is synergy—where parts of the plant—roots, stems, leaves, flowers, bark—work together to produce a greater result. With these natural components, we receive beneficial therapeutic results using 100% pure essential oils.
Pure essential oils are never degraded with fillers, additives, or synthetic anything. If they are contaminated with these things, they are not pure.
So, you do not buy essential oils on a frequent basis. You justify that thinking that it does not matter that you pay more for the oils. You are more interested in the quality, buying experience of others, and the integrity of the supplier or company.
Pure essential oils can be purchased in bulk, and at wholesale, and retail prices. That’s the bottom line. The price you pay will give you some clues. As you know, authentic pure oils provide restorative, healing, and balance to your physiological (biological) psychological (mental and emotional) and spirit (soul). Imitation, artificial, synthetic, man-made oils do not do this.
Pure essential oils are packed in dark bottles of amber or dark blue, not clear glass. The label indicates the ingredients on the bottle, with the plant’s botanic name. You will know more about a plant when you know its botanical name. Fake oils have absolutely no healing power and are a waste of money. You might as well light a chemical scented candle or spray an aerosol can for aroma for all the non-benefits of synthetic oils. Faux oils have no label information.
Authentic 100% pure essential oils cost more—another clue. That can be a huge consideration for many people: cost. People will spend hundreds of dollars on prescription medications and yell about $25-$35 for nature’s pure, unadulterated, wholesome medicines used since the beginning of time. Cultures of our distant past knew of these herbs and their benefits. Native Americans knew and still use nature’s herbs and oils.
As with judging essential oils by their prices, you would love to find a company that has that local country farm flavor when you buy meat or produce. For the best quality in essential oils, do your homework to find the best quality for the lowest price, but not to sacrifice quality.
To be savvy about essential oils can be tricky for a new user. Aromatherapists and practiced buyers and users sometimes find it hard to tell quality. Essential oils are provided from everywhere globally. Companies supplying the oils have come to trust their suppliers, and we have come to trust our supplier. To learn more, read reviews and do some research. Know the regulations.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for regulating foods, food additives, cosmetics, drugs, and vitamin dietary supplements. Depending on the use of the product is the legal difference between the categories.
For example, essential oils can be classified as a drug or cosmetics. It depends on what it is used for. If the oils were used for aroma, the FDA might say they are a cosmetic if used for making you attractive. If used for preventing a condition, the oils would be categorized as a drug.
When buying essential oils, you want those to be from a company or supplier that provides great customer service, one who shares their knowledge on how to use oils, what product is best for your application, and to care about your concerns.
You will want to return for an exchange or refund when you are disappointed, dissatisfied, or unhappy with a product. A company that provides educational training would be great to learn more.
The reputation and standing of an essential oil supplier or company makes a difference. It is significant and merits knowing the stories about the best essential oil brands. This knowledge will help you make an informed decision when buying essential oils.
The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy is highly recommended; does not recommend using oils internally. It is sold on Amazon if you would like to learn more.
Reviewing and Comparing the Top Rated Essential Oil Brands
There are tons of essential oil companies out there. We have listed the best on this site.
1. Young Living™ Essential Oils
Young Living™ is an essential oil company founded in 1993. They honor their commitments and guarantee their product lines of therapeutic-grade essential oils. They exercise quality control from the botanical seeds planted to cultivating, harvesting, and distilling. They use caution, care, and ethical guidelines in each step from seed germination, nurturing, and reaping the grown plants at just the right stage of growth. This care produces a wonderful product that is delivered to you. Their customer focus is integrated into their website for live chats, providing their e-mail address, and a toll-free number to assist customers.
- They are aware of their essential oil processing methods and do not rebottle their product
- They have been in business for 22 years (in 2015) and almost the father of essential oils in the United States
- Young Living™ has the largest inventory of essential oils with 86 singles and 78 blends
- Young Living™ uses amber/brown glass bottles for their essential oils
- They are the most expensive essential oil company in the marketplace to date
- They occasionally run out of stock, selling about 30% of the essential oils from their plants and the balance is used as organic fertilizer on crops.
2. dōTERRA® Essential Oils
Founded in 2008, dōTERRA® is the new kid on the block and shares their profound personal experience. You will find that the essential oils by dōTERRA® are subjected to the Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade (CPTG) testing, a registered quality protocol using a low heat distillation process. If you are not satisfied with their products, you can return them for a 100% refund. On the other hand, you can receive 100% credit on a future purchase. The products must not be outdated when you send them back. Their products are expensive, but less expensive than Young Living™ Company’s products.
- They carry out clinical research for selling a great product
- Their product has zero socio-economic boundaries
- You are required to pay a $35 registration fee for membership
- They do not have their own farms for growing plants for essential oils and do not distill the plants for oils
3. Edens Garden™ Essential Oils
Edens Garden™ is one of the popular essential oil companies that control the freshness and quality of their products by rotating the stock simultaneously every two weeks. They have been operating from San Clemente, California, since 2009. They do not compromise on their quality products. Their oils are stored at a precise temperature with minimal light to ensure the therapeutic properties. You will find their products packed in amber (brownish) glass bottles. This helps to preserve the chemical plant properties and effectiveness of the oil. The oils are 100% pure and do not contain additional bases, fillers, or additives. If you are not satisfied or happy with their product, you can return it within 30 days of purchase.
- They have a massive collection of 150 essential oils and this allows them to have many discounts, deals, and bonuses on each product
- Without using herbicides, pesticides, or any harmful chemicals, they provide 100% therapeutic-grade oils
4. Radha Beauty Essential Oils
Rebekah Letch, Co-Founder of Radha Beauty, grew up in Singapore in Southeast Asia in an Indian home. She enjoyed the traditional oil baths a normal cultural occurrence where her mother would use many oil mixtures for nutrient-rich benefits to her skin and hair. The company was founded in 2014 believing that beauty can be sustained with the elements from Mother Nature. The products are all natural, organic, and cruelty-free.
- It’s best to use the essential oils (herbs) in the set within 6 months
- Add a few drops of any of the oils when using in a diffuser
- Use a carrier oil when using the oils on your skin with others in the sampler set
- The top 6 aromatherapy 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils in the sampler set gives you the chance to try the most desired fragrances and therapeutic benefits
- All oils are labeled ‘steam distilled’; card included informing you of what each smell will be like; very fragrant
- Really helps to remove doggy smells
- Lemongrass oil is a refreshing foot bath when adding two drops to a basin of warm water and soaking your feet for 10 minutes; can add two tablespoons of Epsom salt for aching feet
- Great starter set for newbies using a diffuser for the first time
- Wonderful gift set for the holidays and anytime
- Eucalyptus might trigger asthma in some people; be slow and careful—this is typical of all eucalyptus oil brands for some asthmatics
- Some would like to see the label having the Latin name for the plant; what it’s used to treat; pure undiluted; not for ingestion; where grown; and the part of the plant used
5. Majestic Pure™ Essential Oils
Majestic Pure™ is an astonishing USA company that offers 100% therapeutic essential oils including botanical cosmetics. Oils are known for reducing wrinkles lessening the aging process that we all hate. Their oils are great for sinus and nose congestion and dry skin. They sell online and provide a guarantee for your satisfaction with their products. Avoid using frankincense when pregnant.
- The country of origin for frankincense oil is India
- Frankincense oil smells strong and wonderful
- Might be perceived to be a thin oil
- The bottle label is confusing and might say frankincense made from boswellia carteri which is a tree used in making frankincense oils; the misprint has been revised to be boswellia serrata a plant for producing Indian frankincense, Salai, or Shallaki in Sanskrit
FYI: Boswellia serrata is native to India and Pakistan used for hundreds of years for arthritis and knee problems with success.
Boswellia carteri is from East Africa and China also used for arthritis; both frankincense oils indicate cancer cell shrinkage in certain types of cancer.
- The Bulgarian lavender is not French lavender and can be mixed with coconut oil or unscented lotions; a few drops of oil goes a long way (Bulgaria is in Europe north of Turkey and south of Ukraine on the Black Sea)
- Lavender can be used with Woolzies dryer balls in the clothes dryer
- Lavender essential oil is great in a reed diffuser using about 15 to 20 drops with other ingredients
- Lavender can be used to make candles and soap
- Fantastic results using in an aromatherapy diffuser
- Lavender smell is weak more like lavender soap
- The organic Rosehip (Rosa moschata) oil is cold pressed from seed oil organically grown in the Andes in Northern Chile
- Rosehip oil can be used on hair and skin
- Rosehip oil has a shelf life of 3 years if stored in the refrigerator
- Rosehip oil should smell neutral and woodsy and have a fishy smell when rancid
- Rosehip oil is not recommended for using in a diffuser—best to use frankincense, lemon, peppermint, ylang-ylang and others
Fractionated Coconut Oil
Fractionated (separated) coconut oil allows its chemical components to be used separately for different and specific purposes. Similar to separating cream from milk and removing fats to produce skim milk.
- Fractionated coconut oil comes in a durable plastic bottle; benefits hair and skin and is a great massage oil used separately or fixed with your favorite oil; non-greasy with no smell
- Comes with a pump; do not heat; do not get near your eyes
- Can be used as a pre-shaving oil for men and women
- Does not solidify—become hard like cooking coconut oils so will dispense from the pump easily
Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Fractionated coconut oil is not a food grade oil; not edible and for external use only; purchase virgin coconut oil at the grocery store for ingesting
6. Now Foods (NOW®) Essential Oils
Now Foods (NOW®) started their natural foods and supplements business in 1948. They are based in Chicago, Illinois, USA providing high-quality personal care products and essential oils to health-seeking consumers. They are primarily involved with the production of nutritional foods and vitamin supplements. They have never compromised on their quality of products. They use a unique technique for growing specific plant species, harvesting them, and then distilling the plants to prepare the essential oil plants grown in reliable seasons of the year. Now® Foods’ citrus fruit essential oils are 100% cold pressed whereas other essential oils are 100% steam distilled. However, their products do not have any official grading for A, B, C, or therapeutic-grades. All of the oils are manufactured resulting in the highest purity and quality.
The superiority and growing of the specific plants for the particular characteristics of that plant are upheld and is the most important aspect for pure and quality 100% essential oils.
NOW® Solutions maintains ongoing interactions with their growers being concerned with weather, soil, and yearly changes that can occur. They maintain their integrity with no dilution, substitutes, or synthetic products as a number of oil companies sometimes do.
To preserve and uphold their high standards, they use the most technically advanced quality control testing and analyzing processes available today.
- NOW® Solutions refers to, The Essential Oils Compendium written by Ernest Guenther, PhD and Fenaroli’s Handbook of Flavor Ingredients edited by George A. Burdock, PhD. This helps them in determining the species of the plants for the oils they create.
- They are aware of their suppliers’ performance accomplished for quality plants.
- NOW® evaluates and compares aromas.
- They continue to assess and appraise the processing of essential oils to know that the correct extraction methods are used.
- Moreover, they make sure warning and regulatory compliance is provided.
NOW® Solutions adheres to their philosophy that purity and plant identity are the most significant components in their production of 100% pure essential oils. They retain their professional staff for guaranteeing all functions while working directly with suppliers. The testing equipment is up-to-date, and what the label states is in the bottle is indeed in the bottle.
- Has the relevant quality and offers therapeutic-grade essential oils.
- Although their prices are low, they have few complaints about their essential oil fragrances being of poor quality.
7. ArtNaturals Essential Oils
Art Naturals is a local business in the Los Angeles area and continually strives to improve in the essential oils arena stating that they provide quality natural and organic materials. A full ingredient list is on their labels. They honor their commitment to provide you with a 100% money back guarantee to assure you of complete satisfaction with their oils. If you are not happy, they will issue you a full refund when you return the merchandise.
- You can add the oils to your bath for your own spa experience
- The oils can be used in a diffuser necklace
- The set of 8 oils are beautifully packaged for gift-giving
- The blending of lemongrass and rosemary is wonderful
- Only a few drops are needed to make the whole house smell good
- A great set for the money
- One user thinks the oils are only fragrance and diluted
- Instructions are not included with the oils
- Packaging needs to have a separator to keep glass bottles from touching
- Oils leaked during shipment
8. Healing Solutions Essential Oils
Quality is the foremost concern of Healing Solutions. They provide their customers with access to a wide range of essential oils. With multi-level marketing, the essential oils market has monitored some good and bad points. However, at Healing Solutions they prefer to directly market with the consumers. Their prices are quite low compared to multi-level marketing. They offer fantastic customer service and products can be returned within 7 days of purchase if you are dissatisfied.
- Quality products at low prices
- It is not possible to confirm whether they provide therapeutic-grade oils or not
9. Native American Nutritionals Essential Oils
Impressed with the philosophy of Paul H. Dean (Man Found Standing), founder of Native American Nutritionals, inspired this writing. Paul tells us that his pivotal introduction to essential oils was in 1990. He witnessed from the horse’s mouth, so to speak, the ‘miracles’ provided by essential oils.
Native American Nutritionals sell only single species of plants. They come only from small farms devoting all their attention to the plants being free from chemical fertilizers, pesticides, contaminants, pollutants, and added synthetic chemicals. The oils are pure from their pure source—nature.
- Ajowan Seed—also known as bishop’s weed, it is similar to thyme for scent and use. It is pungent and bitter similar in flavor to oregano and anise. It has been used in East Indian cuisine for centuries, and is a potent essential oil with healing benefits. The weed is organically grown in India. It is used to relieve and reduce pain, and it boosts the immune system to fight disease. Use only a few drops to gargle each day when coming down with a sore throat. It is extremely effective for bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
- Lemon USA Press Peeled–Citrus limonum is organically grown in the USA and assists with digestive problems, cleansing of the lymphatic system, mouth ulcers, herpes, stimulating to the brain, and clears the thinking process. It is a wonderful aid for reducing fever, colds, throat infections, asthma, anemia, heartburn, and tightens blood vessels.
Assists with digestive problems, cleansing of the lymphatic system, mouth ulcers, herpes, stimulating to the brain, clears thought, aids concentration, fever reduction, infectious diseases, colds, throat infection, asthma, anemia, heart-burn, varicose veins, tightens blood vessels, gout, rheumatism, uterine infections and intestinal parasites.
The aroma effects are healing, provides body energy, purification, spiritual and psychic understanding, and mindfulness. Its magical properties are soulful and eliminate internal mental conflict. Try it as an herbal tea with a little honey or the natural sweetener, stevia.
Note: Do not use when pregnant or nursing.
It is also an ingredient in Feminine-Aid, Citrus Blend, Present Moments, Potential, Balance, The Secret, Love, Immune Strength, and Peace and Quiet.
The names Young Living™, Thieves, and Valor are owned by Young Living™ Essential Oils, and have no connection to Native American Nutritionals.
The names dōTERRA®, On Guard®, Deep Blue®, Slim & Sassy®, AromaTouch®, and DigestZen® are owned by dōTERRA® and are not affiliated with Native American Nutritionals.
- Buys products directly from small organic farms rather than large massive farms
- They carry blue tansy
- They truly and sincerely care about alternative methods for healing
- Selling no adulterated oils gives them a fantastic reputation
- Costly blue bottles at twice the price of amber bottles allows the oil to reset its energy where brown bottles hold the energy until it is cleared
- Merging with each other, these companies:
- Cater to advanced: Native American Nutritionals and focus on the “science of the spirit of the oils”
- Cater to beginners: Rocky Mountain Oils and focus on the “science of the oils”
- Oils are thin and unable to get precise number of drops; viscosity (thickness) concerns some consumers
10. Rocky Mountain Oils
Rocky Mountain Oils are obtained from small organic farms globally. All of their essential oils are graded 100% pure therapeutic. This ensures you get a quality product. Quality products come from smaller farms where quality control can be better maintained. This company’s integrity is without exception. They provide essential oils in 100 singles and 75 blends for your varied selection choices.
The oils are used by people in their homes, in offices and spas, massage therapists, anywhere alone or with essential oil diffusers. Their 100% satisfaction guaranteed products attest to their rigorous standards.
Note: Young Living™, Thieves, and Valor are owned by Young Living™ Essential Oils and are in no way connected with Rocky Mountain Oils LLC.
Some of their oils are packaged in 15 mL bottles for all essential oil purists and listed below are 3 great oils:
- Nerve Repair—with the ingredients of basil, helichrysum (sunflower family) italicum great for healing wounds and grown in Croatia; peppermint, and marjoram blended in a base of wild fractionated coconut oil. This product is GC/MS certified as a 100% pure essential oil and organically grown. It stimulates circulation, lessens inflammation, swelling, cramps and helps repair damaged nerves when nerve pain medication does not work.
- Immune Strength—with the ingredients of clove bud (eugenia caryophyllata), cinnamon bark (cinnamomum zeylanicum), lemon (citrus limonum), orange (citrus sinensis), oregano (origanum vulgare hirtum), red mandarin (citrus nobilis), thyme (thymus vulgaris ct thymol), ajowan seed (trachyspermum ammi), rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis), nutmeg (myristica fragrans), ginger root (zingiber officinale), and eucalyptus citriodora. Ginger alone is super beneficial for stomach and intestinal upsets. Clove relieves toothache pain. Packaged in a 5 mL bottle, it is powerful for a general all around maintenance oil for strengthening the immune system. It provides many benefits for inflammation, infections, bacteria, viruses, fungus, microbes, and parasites supporting nerve health, urinary and circulatory systems, respiratory, the onset of colds, flu, and coughs. It gives emotional balance, increases energy levels, assists expelling of mucous, cools a fever, and warms chills. On top of that, it strengthens liver and digestive functions.
- Breathe Ease—in 15 mL bottles are formulated to give respiratory, bronchitis, asthma, flu, colds, fevers, coughs, sinusitis relief, and helps to expel mucous. It will help to alleviate bacterial, fungal, viral infections and calms nerves, anxious feelings—just great for mind, body, and soul. The potent ingredients are eucalyptus globulus, eucalyptus radiata, myrtle (myrtus communis), eucalyptus citriodora, peppermint (India) (mentha piperita), spruce (tsuga canadensis), ravintsara (cinnamonum camphora), pine (pinus nigra), and sweet marjoram (origanum marjorana l.).
Use daily in your essential oil diffuser for therapeutic benefits and for uplifting your mood.
- Essential oil products are obtained from small organic farms globally since smaller farms maintain their plants more diligently, thus producing superior oils
- 90-day guarantee on oils with full refund if customer is not satisfied
- Diffusers come with a 1-year limited warranty if they are defective and break
- New labels being printed for respective companies with possibly haveing botanical name of plants
- Large selection of the top essential oils including over 100 singles and 75 blends
- Merging with each other, these companies: No line spaces:
- Cater to beginners: Rocky Mountain Oils and focus on the “science of the oils”
- Cater to advanced: Native American Nutritionals and focus on the “science of the spirit of the oils”
- One customer complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) about shipping the product long after customer’s payment was deposited to RMO’s account; resolved by RMO by fully refunding money and sending oils, but later than the second-day shipment after order received
We believe the merger between two companies, Native American Nutritionals and Rocky Mountain Oils took place in 2012 or 2013, yet cannot substantiate the exact date. Both companies continue with their individual essential oil names and branding—it is simply good business to merge companies to be profitable by restructuring management teams for maintaining quality standards of each entity. Rocky Mountain Oils is indeed a leader and is not an MLM (Multi-level Management) company. Native American Nutritionals is now located in Orem, Utah to accomplish its company goals. Please continue to purchase from these trusted companies for the essential oils you enjoy.
11. Plant Therapy® Essential Oils
Plant Therapy® Essential Oils adhere to the philosophy that all the power lies in the essential oils. They are a small family-owned company and provide 100% pure, undiluted essential oils that are of the highest quality. They are able to source oils from top suppliers around the world. Plant Therapy® additionally guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. Plant Therapy® oils have been tested by a third-party laboratory using GC/MS testing, and their in-house experts.
GC/MS stands for Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry. Gas Chromatography (GC) is a method of separating the volatile compounds in essential oils into individual components. The Gas Chromatography (GS) is a computer that produces a linear graph that charts individual components.
If you have questions or concerns, Plant Therapy® has Aromatherapists on their team to respond and solve any problems. The company has formed a full product line KidSafe® synergies for the wellbeing of your youngsters.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason with their products or service, they will refund your money immediately.
- Rebottling options
- Provides greater customer care and offers free shipping
- Offers Aromatherapy assistance
- They do not produce their own oils since they do not have their own farms
- They may or may not provide you with many choices
12. Aura Cacia® Essential Oils
Essential oils are no doubt a gift from Mother Nature and Aura Cacia® picks the best leaves for making essential oils. That said, you would achieve physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. The company started their journey in 1982, but after co-purchasing with Frontier Natural Products Co-op in 1993, the company well established themselves as an aromatherapy company. They are a company that produces premium blends with high-quality and great customer service. Their products have been “certified organic” by the authority of Organic Foods Production Act. Their organic certifier is Quality Assurance International (QAI) who looks into qualified processing, harvesting, and distillation. Their orders arrive within 10 days and their refund or replacement policy is that the returns must be within 60 days of purchase.
- Their products are highly accessible in major food stores
- They are priced at a competitive rate
- They have 89 single brands and 21 blends
- They do not rebottle their products
13. Prime Natural Essential Oils
Prime Natural offers high quality essential oils established in Beaverton, Oregon, as Prime Cosmetics LLC, marketing 100% pure botanical oils from nature. They join with associates globally importing their products processing them in the USA and other countries. They provide an assortment of fresh, pure essential oils at a modest price having no additives or chemicals to dilute the purity of the oils. Prime Natural cares about their customers offering the purist of aromatherapy and organic essential oils for physical, emotional, mental, and emotional well-being. An ingredient list is on their labels for you to know what is in the bottle.
- Breathe Blend is a potent oil for helping with breathing and nasal congestion
- Above average quality; soothing, calming, and relaxing
- Cost is a fraction of other brand name oils with Breathe Essential Oil Blend
- Children finding it hard to breath and sleep due to congestion will do better with this oil than nasal sprays that have side effects
- Opened up sinus passages
- Chronic sinusitis sufferers experience relief using 5 drops of the oil in a diffuser
- Another excellent quality oil from Prime Natural; helped 6-year-old sleep all night from a cold and stuffy nose; rub on chest, throat, feet; no medicines used.
- Breathe Blend does not smell so great; indeed opened nasal passages; wished it smelled more like eucalyptus
- Bottle arrived empty
- Too strong of a smell
- Prefer a stronger smell
- Tends to pour out rather than drop from the dispenser
Note: Breathe Blend is for external use only. Do not use if pregnant or nursing, keep away from children and eyes.
14. Mountain Rose Herbs® Essential Oils
Since 1987, Mountain Rose Herbs® Essential Oils have been in the marketplace and have been focused on three essential quality aspects: certified organic products, vibrant, effective, and consistent products to satisfy customer expectations, and making every product go through a lab-safe research process. They provide the customer with therapeutic-grade oils. They are a bulk supplier for people requiring their products in small quantities and look into the Amazon stores for sales. At their website, you can shop 24/7 and the order will reach you within 8 days. As for the return policy, anyone can return the products within 60 days of purchase.
- They offer a wide range of products. They have 111 organic oils with no blends
- Reasonably priced
- Their oils come in “drops” configuration
- They rebottle, so get to know the product before making a purchase
- They do not produce essential oil blends
15. Fabulous Frannie Essential Oils
Fabulous Frannie started business to provide pure and natural blends of essential oils to their customers. They ethically handle the outsourcing of their oils from various top brands that they are into long-term relationships with. They make 100% pure products without any adulterations. They are the distributors that independently test oils to have certification and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) authentication with the same testing. They provide great customer service and you can return the product within 7 days after purchase if you are dissatisfied.
- Have rebottling options
- Do not have their own blend of essential oils and have limited choices
16. Plant Guru™ Essential Oils
Plant Guru™ started its business online providing 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils with no pyramid schemes, offering fair and competitive prices without marketing systems involved. Their philosophy is to treat customers respectfully with the best quality for affordable costs. Their oils are produced globally from respectable plant producing farms. The suppliers comply with USDA standards and are third-party tested using GC/MS methods. No pesticides or chemicals are used and no GMOs are added to their 140 kinds of essential oils and blends.
GC/MS stands for Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry. Gas Chromatography (GC) is a method of separating the volatile compounds in essential oils into individual components. The Gas Chromatography (GS) is a computer that produces a linear graph that charts individual components. They are concerned about the consumer’s health and safety using their products. GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organisms
Plant Guru™ Essential Oil Variety Set – 6 Pack
If this is your first time knowing about this brand, a good recommendation is trying this 6-pack variety set. The set provides you with 6 each 10mL (0.33 ounce) amber bottles of 100% pure therapeutic grade lavender, peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus, sweet orange and rosemary. Plant Guru™ uses no carrier oils, bases, chemicals, or synthetics in their top quality oils. The oils are less expensive on Amazon and more expensive at Plant Guru’s™ website, but it balances out with the freight/no freight cost.
Eucalyptus is wonderful for congestion, and in 2 minutes, you will be breathing better with this oil. This set is great for sinus health.
Plant Guru™ offers many gift sets, weight loss sets, respiratory sets, beginner trio, kitchen sets, earth and wood set, top 6, and top 14 for your essential oil pleasures. This is a wonderful gift set for your essential oil loving friends and family and is affordable at under $20. Most single oils at other companies cost around $20.
The oils can be used in a diffuser, in the bath, and added to massage creams, used as aromatherapy, body butters, great for making soap, wonderful for relaxation, and are comparable to high-end essential oils in the marketplace today.
Certification and Documentation
Adhering to strict quality control, Plant Guru™ provides technical documentation and certificates of analysis, MSDA (Material Safety Data Sheets), and country of origin for each item they carry. The oils are wild crafted and certified kosher through their sources.
When you are not totally satisfied with their products, you can return the products for a full refund and they will reimburse your postage within your purchase of 30 days.
- Great prices
- Strong fragrances
- Prompt delivery
- Great for migraines
- A little thinner, but work as well as thicker oils
- Newbies want more information for how to use
We hope that this review has been helpful and that you enjoyed spending time learning more about essential oil product lines. Plant Guru™ wants your utmost satisfaction with their 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils at an affordable price. Happy shopping from a best seller!
17. Kis Oils
These fine oils are available in single aromas, blends, or sample packs for yourself and a friend. Essential oils offer life enrichment for the total you. Aromatherapies with a diffuser, as a massage, or in the bath are wonderful ways to benefit with aroma and therapeutic oils.
- Diffusion—is an endless method for dispersing the scent of your favorite oils and they are easily absorbed into the body. For instance, the nose (olfactory space), bypasses the brain and goes directly to the limbic system, a primitive brain structure that controls our emotions. You will smell an aroma and it will instantly bring back memories of days gone by. It uplifts moods and alleviates anxiety.
- Skin—all oil brands can be applied to the skin, but with caution. Essential oils that are 100% concentrated should be diluted. Two of the most popular carrier oils are jojoba and grape seed. (Grape seed is wonderful for cooking with too.) Check with an aromatherapist or get a trustworthy book to learn tips and tricks.
- Bath—is a fun relaxing time to add a few drops of eucalyptus, chamomile, or lavender. What could be better at the end of a hectic day than being immersed in wonderful aromas with benefits? Take care not to slip in the tub—oils are oily and that means slippery!
- Compresses—are a valuable way to put 100% essential oils on skin areas that need the benefits most.
Kis oils blend well with basil, bergamot, cajeput (distilled from the leaves of the Myrtaceous trees), cedarwood, eucalyptus, lemon, lime, mandarin, marjoram, niaouli (also extracted from Melaleuca viridiflora (also known as Melaleuca quinquenervia) of the Myrtaceae family), pine, rosemary, spearmint, and thyme. It’s fascinating to learn all of this from nature’s storehouse of plants and trees, bushes and flowers.
- They are highly reliable; products are available to the customer directly ignoring multi-level marketing strategies
- They provide products at a reasonable price
- Do not have their own farms or distillation facilities
- No disclosure about therapeutic-grade oils
18. ArOmis Essential Oils Basic 6 Kit
ArOmis offers you 100% pure certified organic premium therapeutic grade oils in 6 of Mother Nature’s plant varieties. This kit includes lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, lemongrass, and sweet orange and is a wonderful starter kit for newbies using essential oils.
Each essential oil can be purchased separately as well at Amazon. The organic plants use the steam distillation process to maintain the integrity of the pure oil. Sweet orange is cold pressed from the rind. Each bottle of oil is in an amber 10mL (0.34-ounce) bottle. Always store the bottles out of the sun in a cool dry place with the lids on tightly.
On the other hand, you might want to choose the Sleep and Breathe Essential Oil Kit in 6 varieties of oil designed to support healthy and restful sleep by promoting relaxation and healthy breathing. The variety set uses relaxing floral scents and see for yourself how you can be lulled to sleep with these intoxicating fragrances for sweet dreams. The oils in the kit include lavender, eucalyptus, ylang-ylang, bergamot, clary sage, and geranium.
All of ArOmis oils are certified organic in Holland and imported from ArOmis colleagues in Africa. The oils are collected from balanced and maintainable farms in Africa where the soil is rich in minerals and nutrients from volcanos. ArOmis states, “We have a mission of sustainability that is fully expressed in our small agroforestry farmer-produced essential oils. In the spirit of fair trade and environmental stewardship, using African oils grown in tropical and sub-tropical areas encourages local farmers to use less land more wisely and to preserve the indigenous forestats by growing high-value crops in harmony with the surrounding forests replacing Maize (corn) and other fertilizer and slash and burn agricultural crops.”
Uses and (Latin Names)
Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia—mint family)—is used for: burns, inflammation, cuts, wounds, eczema, dermatitis, fainting, headaches, influenza, insomnia, hysteria, migraine, headaches, nausea, nervous tension, promotes restful sleep, eliminates dandruff, prevents infections, improves mood, bacterial conditions, sores, ulcers, acne, boils, asthma, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, reduces inflammation, minimizes skin irritation, soothes a bloated stomach, and relieves stress.
Eucalyptus Globulus (Myrtaceae)—is used for: focusing the mind and concentration, sore throats, coughs, bronchitis, sinusitis, skin infections, ulcers, nervous exhaustion, tension, anxiety, sores, rheumatism, aches and pains, headaches, having antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, reduces swelling in mucous membranes, relieves sore muscles, heals skin ulcers, wounds, and skin eruptions.
Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)—is used for: fungal infections, skin infections, cuts, sprains, strains, wounds, is a stimulant, aids with circulatory problems, is an antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, and antimicrobial, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, sudorific (promotes sweating), and cicatrisant (forms scar tissue).
Peppermint (Mentha piperita)—is used for: inflammation, nausea, indigestion, fevers, respiratory problems, flatulence (gas), headaches, migraine, liver problems, arthritis, is a general stimulant, relieves stomach and bowel spasms, and pain.
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)—is used for: infections, acne, headaches, sore throat, respiratory problems, fever, athlete’s foot, muscle aches, excessive perspiration, flatulence (gas), antiseptic, scabies, oily skin, insect repellent, and stress.
Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)—is used for: colds, depression, anxiety, constipation, nervous conditions, muscular spasms, sedative, antiseptic dull skin, stress, flatulence (gas), flu, gums, mouth, and slow digestion.
Use the oils topically with carrier oils or add directly to the aromatherapy ArOmis essential oil diffuser. Do not take internally and be cautious around babies, young children, elders, and pets.
The lovely box measures 6-inches long x 3-inches wide x 1- inch tall and it weighs 10 ounces. If your bottle arrives broken or spilling oils, please contact the manufacturer to make it right.
19. Butterfly Express Essential Oils
Butterfly Express LLC is located in Clifton, Idaho, in the southeast part of the state. They are dedicated to give all customers the highest quality natural 100% pure essential oils. They offer 80 synergistic blends, the foundation of their business. Along with that, over 100 individual separate oils are available for aromatherapy and therapeutic benefits.
The six-pack contains 1 bottle each of angelica, birch, frankincense, juniper berry, myrrh, sandalwood, and spruce in 10 mL (0.338 ounce) bottles.
One of the blends is Le Tranquility that is a favorite for its great smell and calming effects. It is composed of blue tansy, geranium, German chamomile, lavender, palmarosa, patchouli, sweet orange, tangerine, and ylang-ylang.
The company stands behind its oils if you are not satisfied with your product. An instruction booklet is provided.
20. PLANTLIFE™ Essential Oils
Plantlife™ products are the perfect blend of science and nature, using “old world” formulas. This combined with the timeless sciences of herbology and aromatherapy is the company’s mission to create consistently all-natural products that are good for you, using 100% pure essential oils that are steam distilled. Each of their therapeutic blends and aromatherapy creations is produced to improve our lives with the benefits from the plants.
The Be Well Essential Oil Gift Set has 6 each 10 mL (0.338 ounce) of essential oil blends for wellness and health. They are oil blends of Breathe Easy, Well Being, Sport Relief, Energy, Balance, and Awake. They are in a brown earthy storage box and each bottle has a European dropper for controlling the amount used. All oils are put into amber glass bottles where sunlight cannot destroy the oils. Keep your box of oils in a cool, dry environment, out of the sun.
The oils are not manufactured with synthetics; there are no parabens, GMOs (genetically modified organisms), or SLS (sodium laureth sulfate). You will never find dyes or fake colors used in these oils.
Gift-wrapping is available for you and a gift set for a loved one or friend. You will receive an instruction booklet in the package.
Essential Oil Storage Tips
What are the important storage tips for storing essential oils? To get the maximum benefits out of the oils, it is very necessary to store them properly. Here are the basic ways of storing essential oils the right way:
- The most important thing to keep in mind while storing essential oils is that they need to be kept in the dark in the amber/brownish glass bottle. The color blocks the sun that will deteriorate the product. Citrus oils are prone to oxidation. To avoid damage caused by temperature fluctuations, it is best to store citrus products in the refrigerator.
- The carrying cases and aromatherapy boxes are specially designed for managing the storage requirements for essential oils. Wooden boxes are the best storage option for essential oils.
Note the photo of the wooden box intricately designed to hold more than 24 bottles with its name of Welledia™ AromaStorage Essential Oil Wooden Box. This box is custom made of thick quality pine wood and can hold 24×5 – 30 mL bottles or it can hold 12×5 – 30 mL bottles. These boxes are impressive and strong and can be stored anywhere in your home adding extra beauty to your home décor.
This box has low dividers providing easy access to the smaller bottles. There are pads to hold the smaller bottles in place. The metal clasp and handle makes it easier to carry from one place to another. When you want to store your beneficial essential oils in the perfect and safe place, then this Welledia™ AromaStorage box is the perfect choice for you.
We hope this guide will help you choose the best essential oil brands for your home, office, boutique, salon, or spa. Choose the best oil or blend, and diffuse the fragrance to rejuvenate your spirit energy. Our classification of essential oils with their particular features will help you select the best essential oils every time.
162 1 110